Wednesday, March 10, 2010

It's my Birthday and I'll eat crack pie if I want to

Have you heard about this crack pie that goes for $44 in NYC? Sick, man. So I had to make it. It's like crack because it's so totally sugary that your head does circles for the first 40 minutes after you've had a piece and it hurts so bad to come crashing down that you just have to have another piece to recover. It's that sick. I'm not even exaggerating.

5 comments:

Counting Coconuts said...

Wow this does sound insane. What does it taste like (aside from sugary madness)?

Life with the Nephew's said...

Kind of like a pecan pie sans pecans but there's something else it takes like and I can't pinpoint it. Like maybe Coconut Dream bars sans coconut... think of an old fashioned dessert. It's a bit much but it's also like you just can't stop.

Rachel said...

Brian is in a pie bake off at the end of the month. I'm totally giving him this idea. Sounds like the perfect Birthday meal. Rachel

Life with the Nephew's said...

Brian in a pie bake off???

Well if he gets serious about baking the pie, make sure he reads and follows the directions to a T. And when it said that the pie will be jiggly and you fear its undercooked but to have faith, HAVE FAITH.

Also bake it and let it sit in the fridge for one full day cause its best then. It really is an excellent pie I've decided. Must have the powdered sugar on top as well.

becca jo said...

OMG it is so. darn. good. we've decided to only make it on our birthdays because i could seriously have eaten a whole one and undone all my WW points for 3 weeks.

the taste and texture are very similar to like a lemon bar...but the CRUST is what makes it divine.